Software License Agreement
Seiko Epson Corporation (hereafter, "our company") and the user of this software (hereafter, the customer) enter into the following license agreement for this software.
Article 1 (Rights of Use)
The customer may only install and use this software on their own computer.
Article 2 (Prohibited actions such as Transferring or Lending the Software)
- The customer is prohibited from transferring (trading, donating, or exchanging) or loaning the right to use this software as conferred in Article 1 to a third party without prior written approval from our company.
- The customer is prohibited from renting this software, quasi-renting, or selling it second hand.
Article 3 (Period)
- This agreement is valid from the moment the customer begins using this software.
- The customer can terminate this agreement by relinquishing any software, manuals, and copies provided by our company, and by sending written proof of cessation of usage to our company.
Article 4 (Upgrading)
- Our company reserves the right to make changes to this software for the sake of improvement without providing prior notification to the customer.
- Our company will provide repair or free software version upgrades (hereafter, upgrades) for the sake of improving the software.
- Customers who receive upgrades lose the right to use this software and will be covered under the new agreement for the latest upgrade.
Article 5 (Disclaimers)
- Our company cannot accept any responsibility for damage caused through the use of this software.
Make sure you backup any important files. Even if the customer uninstalls this software, immunity from responsibility is still applied. Furthermore, we do not guarantee the integrity, accuracy, certainty, or usefulness of the content of this software and this service.
- The customer assumes full responsibility and costs incurred for installing this software, as well as for using this service, and our company cannot guarantee the integrity, accuracy, and so on.
- There are times when customer information or customer related data may be lost due to device malfunctions, problems, blackouts, errors in the communication lines, and system faults due to acts of God. Our company cannot accept any responsibility for the disappearance, loss, or delay of customer information or customer related data caused by these situations.
- Our company cannot guarantee that transmitted files have not been infected by a computer virus. Our company cannot accept any responsibility for loss or damage that occurs due to a transmitted file being infected by a computer virus.
Article 6 (Support period)
- One year after ending sales and distribution of this software, our company will end support for this software.
- When selling and distributing an upgraded version, sales and distribution for older versions of this software end unless they need to be continued for extenuating circumstances. One year after ending sales and distribution of this software, support will also end for this software.
Article 7 (Prohibited Actions such as Changing this Software)
The customer is prohibited from changing, adapting, reverse engineering, reverse compiling, disassembling, and so on this software for any reason.
Article 8 (Copyrights)
Our company or the licensor owns all intellectual property rights, such as copyrights, related to this software. This software is protected under the Japanese Copyright Act and other related laws. The customer must treat this software as they would any other written works.
Article 9 (Others)
The customer is prohibited from exporting this software or a copy of this software outside Japan by any means or purpose.
Article 10 (License Agreement)
Our company reserves the right to change the content of this guide without prior notice to the customer.
Article 11 (Jurisdiction)
For any disputes that occur in relation to this agreement, the customer and our company agree that the first hearing for legal determinations will be made by the courthouse having jurisdiction over the area in which the headquarters of our company resides.